Donations of Equipment
We receive many requests for equipment and on a few occasions we have been able to meet the need with items given to us that are surplus to the donor’s requirements. Examples of this are a sound level meter for a screening programme in Zanzibar, a hearing aid analyser for a research project in Brazil and two screening audiometers for Namibia. If you have something that you think may be of use to us, please let us know as it may be just what someone in a developing country needs to improve their service.
We would need to know the following:
- Why your service no longer needs it or has stopped using it.
- Whether you still have the handbook or where we can get one.
- The date of the last calibration and service check.
- Whether replacement parts and consumables are still available.
- How old it is and its expected working life.
We are very grateful to all those who have donated second hand items and to firms who have given us new ones, consumables or their services at a reduced price.